Exclusive Deals from Our Sponsors:
AWESOME CX by Transcom provides high touch, personalized customer experience services to consumer brands of any size! Email Lee at email@example.com to learn more about their award-winning services and Awesome Coffee Chats.
In This Episode You’ll Hear About:
• [01:03] Introducing today’s guest, CEO of MUSH, Ashley Thompson.
• [02:34] Ashley tells us about how her entrepreneurial father inspired her, the early leadership skills she had, and the challenges she faced in childhood.
• [15:52] Studying at Columbia University, her drive to work hard, realizing that she didn’t enjoy the world of finance, and finding her true passion.
• [20:51] How Ashley came up with the idea for MUSH and how people responded to her change in career.
• [28:32] How Ashley found her co-founder, the steps they took to develop their product, and their first ‘big break’.
• [34:31] Working with Shark Tank, Ashley’s take on fundraising, and the dangers of raising too much capital.
• [41:20] Ashley shares her toughest entrepreneurship moments; including her co-founder leaving, how she overcame them, and the important lessons she learned.
• [45:23] How Ashley manages her energy and emotions through reading, writing, talking, and staying healthy.
• [47:34] Why Ashley’s favorite MUSH flavors are chocolate and peanut butter chocolate and what’s next for the brand.
• [50:15] Ashley shares some advice about the power of mindset for aspiring entrepreneurs.
To Find Out More:
“I always wanted to be the best, and I always wanted to leave a mark in some way shape, or form.” [0:09:40]
“I especially [gravitate] towards things that could help people or could make the world a better place.” [0:09:46]
“I really wanted to race out of college and start a job because I wanted to make money [and be] independent.” [0:16:44]
“Oatmeal is so ubiquitous, and no one knows what overnight oats are!” [0:22:16]
“Businesses need all of your time and attention!” [0:26:21]
“You want to get the basics right before you scale.” [0:30:22]
“There’s so many different [business] strategies, and execution plays a huge part in a winning strategy.” [0:32:53]
“It takes money to make money – and at the same time, raising too much capital [can cause you to] build the wrong company for the product by having too much capital at your disposal.” [0:37:49]
“You have to manage your energy and emotions appropriately to get through the really hard things.” [0:44:25]
“The power of mindset is everything!” [0:50:35]