Exclusive Deals from Our Sponsors:
- Give the gift of the world’s most beautiful spice rack and get 15% off by using the promo code STAIRWAY15 at www.evermill.com
- Get 20% off luxury fitness equipment that you won’t want to hide in your closet by using the promo code STAIRWAY20 at www.equiptmovement.com
In This Episode You’ll Hear About:
- (1:06) MaryRuth’s Organics is a rapidly scaling vitamins, minerals, and supplements brand offering high-quality, organic, and vegan nutritional supplements to benefit the entire family.
- (3:10) What it was like growing up in New Jersey, and why she’s always liked being a part of teams
- (11:20) The different jobs she held from working in real estate to becoming a nutritional coach, which led to the creation of her business and a book called Liquids Till Lunch.
- (13:00) How she went from being in $700,000 in debt to scaling her business to over $100M in revenue without any outside funding in just seven years.
- (20:37) Her advice on how to take care of people and be profitable at the same time
- (28:00) How to know when you should start making new products, and how to keep the business growing
- (32:00) Why she believes so strongly in time blocking, and why it’s a key to success
- (45:00) What’s next for MaryRuth Organics, and the final advice MaryRuth has for aspiring entrepreneurs
To Find Out More:
“I’ve always liked being a part of teams. It's fun to have a coach and to work together with people to try to achieve something difficult and to be on a routine and have structure.”
“When I started this company, I wanted to make sure we were profitable from the very first day.”
“Profit is a good thing for your company.”
“Ebitda or profit comes from all of these very small choices that you make when how you're gonna run the organization.”
“It is possible to take care of people and be profitable all at the same time."
“If you yourself believe this is the right thing and if you can afford it and not have to borrow money or whatever else, then you should do it.”
“Be patient and put in the real work on a daily basis.”
“You want to be involved, not checked out.”
“Move forward every day, which is just these small, micro things, and that is why our company still exists.”